Monday, October 3, 2011

Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V4.2

Last week IBM announced Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V4.2 : 'IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V4.2 delivers performance improvements and usability enhancements (ZP11-0427)'.

At a glance

"IBM® Enterprise PL/I for z/OS® V4.2 delivers:

  • Additional utilization of the latest IBM zEnterprise™ 196 architecture for improved compiler performance
  • Compiler enhancements to improve debugging with IBM Debug Tool
  • XML generation for improved web interoperability
  • SQL preprocessor and SQL support enhancements
  • Productivity improvements, many of them customer-requested"
What I find a bit strange is that there's no mention whatsoever of the z114 ?

Prerequisites : it needs at least z/OS 1.11 or later.
Availability date : September 30, 2011.

No comments: