My company RealDolmen is one of two premier business partners of RedHat in Belgium and we're the only one who's also a certified business partner for IBM System z.
So to all my Belgian readers, consider this as an invitation for the event.
You will find the same invitation at the Registration page.
The reliability and security of the mainframe has been proven for decades. Linux has established the same reputation for Intel architectures within only 10 years.
Can you imagine the combination of IBM Mainframe with Red Hat Enterprise Linux? Bank of New Zealand bought an IBM System z10 Mainframe only to run Linux on it. Consolidating about 130 servers into a single one! And the result? 38% savings in energy cost; less heat, CO2 emissions and regained space.
IBM and Red Hat invite you to learn about the reality of the winning combination of mainframe and Linux. Get all the insights why Red Hat Enterprise Linux on IBM System z10 will make your IT life easier.
- What: 'Server consolidation on IBM System z with Red Hat Enterprise Linux'
When: Thursday 3 September 2009 from 12.00-17.00
Where:IBM Forum Brussels - Belgium
Avenue du Bourget/Bourgetlaan 42, B-1130
- 12:00 - 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 - 12:40 Welcome
- 12:40 - 12:50 About the IBM & Red Hat alliance
- 12:50 - 13:30 System z Hardware update and introduction
- 13:30 - 14:15 An introduction to Linux on the mainframe
- 14:15 - 14:30 Coffee Break
- 14:30 - 15:15 Linux on System z10 Solutions for your data center
- 15:15 - 15:45 Red Hat subscription model and offerings for mainframe
- 15:45 - 16:15 Why and how to conduct a Proof of Concept?
- 16:15 - 17:00 Success with System z10: Clients success stories
- 17:00 - 18:00 Closing and drinks
If Mainframe sounds expensive to you, then you really should attend and ask about the System z10 BC Enterprise Linux Server. You will be surprised.