So here's one at the IBM Research and Development Center in Boeblingen. Yes, it's a good 5 hour drive from Brussels, but I think it's worth your while. It's a free two day workshop taking place on Tuesday March 13 and Wednesday March 14, 2012. You can find all information over here where you can also register for the event.
"In this two-day technical-oriented workshop on March 13th and 14th in the IBM Boeblingen Development Laboratory you have the chance to speak directly with IBM developers and experts about the technical capabilities of Linux on the IBM System z server systems. You will get first-hand information, and you can exchange your experiences with other customers".
Here's a sort summary of the agenda :
- What's New for Linux on System z
- Linux on System z Performance Update SLES11 SP2
- Storage Options for Linux on System z and Comparison DS8K, XIV and Storwize V7000
- Linux on System z Networking
- Live Demo: Integrating x86 workload into Linux on System z environments
- Live Demo: Debugging with Linux on System z with Valgrind
- Linux Health Checker
You only have to make your own travel and accomodation arrangements. If you're planning to go and want more information or some help in planning, do contact me, I'll be glad to help you with it.
And, as I always say, do check it out !