There's an 'IBM System z Technical Conference' from 4 to 8 May, 2009. I know I'm well in advance mentioning this, but the sooner you know this, the sooner you can get into action to enroll. You can find all details over here.
Just a short introduction :
"This 4 1/2 day conference will help you boost your advanced mainframe skills or begin with mainframe basics, improve planning of hardware/software investments, test drive new technologies in hands-on labs, and see product demonstrations in the Solutions Center.Who should attend ?
IBM System z™ Technical Conference, featuring z/OS®, z/VM®, z/VSE™, Linux® on System z™ and Storage, is the IBM conference devoted to you, the skilled professionals who support the mainframe environment. (...)
Technical experts from IBM System z™ development, System z customers, and the community of independent software vendor (ISV) providers will share their experience and expertise for a memorable week of technical education. More than 200 sessions cover technology topics and new product advances".
- Mainframe (z/OS, z/VSE, z/VM) programmers, system administrators, technical support managers
- Linux professionals who want to add mainframe skills
- Performance analysts, managers, data center managers
- Hardware or capacity planners who want to learn how to master, manage and exploit information
- Anyone who plans to implement, manage, or operate z/OS, z/VM, and Linux on the IBM System z