Thursday, February 20, 2014

List of withdrawn storage products

I was browsing through the Redbook 'IBM System Storage Solutions Handbook' today. You can download it over here. Well, actually I was kind of reading it and it gives you a really good overview of all IBM storage products. And if you want to know why some one is reading a redbook of about 800 pages. Well, I have to renew my Midrange Storage certificate tomorrow.

And so I stumbled across this interesting list in Appendix C. It's a "list of the most recent System Storage withdrawals (...). This list considers a time period of a year back from the moment of writing this book". And the latest version of the book is from May 2013. So, just to let you know it's a quick find to see if any product has been recently withdrawn from marketing.

And by the way, this redbook IS great if you're looking for any kind of introduction in the IBM storage portfolio, be it hardware or software.

As I always say, just check it out !

No comments: