Friday, December 10, 2010

Interactive DB2 for z/OS Catalog Reference

In the days I was still a DBA, every DBA had one right behind his back up on the wall : the DB2 Catalog Poster. The last one I've seen was one for DB2 V8. But lately I came across some references to this interactive, online poster, apparantly from zSystems. So here are the links : DB2 catalog V8 and DB Catalog V9. You can swith from one to another if you want to compare certain catalog tables or columns. I guess, hope, there'll soon be a Version 10 too.

Curious to know whether there is still a paper version, I started googling about a bit and came across these pages.
  • CA Technologies still has a CA Catalog Poster for DB2 9 for z/OS page where you can order the poster for DB2 9.
  • BMC mails you a poster and a cd with a DB2 9 for z/OS Catalog Tables Interactive Guide. You can request them over here.
I haven't seen any references to DB2 10 posters yet, but I'll keep you informed as soon as I come across them.

2 comments:

vijay said...

Marc Wambeke your blog is very useful for me. I am learning lot from your blog Thanks for sharing.

Please continue your blog as you are doing currently. Especially, i was inspired by the Mainframe blog and contents.

vijay said...

Marc Wambeke your blog is very useful for me. I am learning lot from your blog Thanks for sharing.

Please continue your blog as you are doing currently. Especially, i was inspired by the Mainframe blog and contents.