The highlights :
- "Exploitation of innovative IBM® zEnterprise 196 and z10™ technology:
- Ability to dynamically add logical CPs without preplanning.
- Large page (1 megabyte page) support for data spaces.
- Fast Path to Linux® on System z® function in a z/VM® mode LPAR.
- Use of Adjunct Processor-queue adapter-interruption facility for cryptographic operations.
- Configurable Crypto Express3 for data encryption and SSL acceleration.
- Virtual storage constraint relief for CICS® TS workload growth and system consolidation.
- Four-digit device addresses for ease of use and infrastructure simplification in mixed IT environments consisting of z/VSE, z/VM, Linux on System z, and/or z/OS®.
- IPv6/VSE V1.1, which provides both an IPv6 and IPv4 solution.
- Networking, security, and auditability enhancements.
- DOS/VS RPG II support for CICS TS.
- DL/I VSE V1.12.
- Enhanced IBM System Storage® options:
- IBM XIV® Storage System
- IBM System Storage TS7680 ProtectTIER Deduplication Gateway for System z"
It won't hurt to take a closer look at the details. The announcement e.g. also mentions that z/VSE 4.1 is End ofSupport on April 30, 2011. It also indicates which FSUs (Fast Service Upgrades) are possible. And : "CICS/VSE V2.3 will no longer be offered as part of the z/VSE V4.3 package. The CICS coexistence environment including DL/I DOS/VS V1.10 will be removed".